Since 1921, the Solvang Chamber of Commerce has been working with our community to make Solvang a better place to do business. Creating an environment where businesses thrive is key to a strong community, economy and quality of life. The Solvang Chamber of Commerce plays an active role in supporting new and existing businesses.
Since 2019, the Solvang Chamber of Commerce has been a partner of the Economic Development Collaborative (EDC), the Small Business Administration (SBA) and the Service Core of Retired Executives (SCORE). These strategic partnerships allow us to assist new and established local businesses.
The Chamber of Commerce provides additional resources and support to our local business community in fulfilling its mission as a Chamber of Commerce and SBDC.
- Promoting Solvaang as a prime business location
- Providing business information to new and existing companies
- Working directly with local agencies and commercial brokers to provide information, resources, and contacts to meet specific needs of both new and expanding businesses
- Partnering with agencies that provide incentives, workforces training and outreach to both businesses and nonprofit organizations
- Offering free mentoring and business advisory services to new and existing businesses. These services are provided by highly successful and experienced business professionals and entrepreneurs who deliver valuable, timely, and practical advice
- Solvang Third Wednesday
- Letters of support on issues that affect local businesses
- Chamber Sponsored Trips
- Represent the business community to the City of Solvang and County of Santa Barbara
- Participation on the City of Solvang Economic Development Committee
- Sponsor seasonal decorating contests and events
- Conduct educational seminars, training and workshops
- Sponsor two city wide sidewalk sales annually
- Brought the Santa Barbara County Farmers Market to Solvang
- Copenhagen Revitalization Project
- Tbid support for SYVHA
- Participated in revising the City of Solvang Sign Ordinance
- Advocated year round lighting of trees in the TRC