Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation
The Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation stewards the past and present of the Presidio Neighborhood and inspires preservation advocacy throughout the County in order to create a more vibrant community.
SBTHP’s mission statement is built upon four core values our stakeholders expressed for the organization. They see SBTHP as a resource for: 1) Connection, 2) Welcome, 3) Education and History, and 4) Gathering. These principles inform the following Value Statements, which underpin all of the organization’s work.
The Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation:
1. Preserves and stewards the historic resources entrusted in its care at the highest ethical standards.
2. Promotes the diversity of cultures that comprise(d) the Presidio Neighborhood.
3. Believes that the knowledge and practice of history is vital to sustain healthy individuals, communities, and the nation.
4. Provides a welcoming and accessible gathering place for Santa Barbarans and all who visit our community.
5. Activates the power of places of memory to engage the public with a deeper understanding of the past and inspire action to shape a better future.
6. Values and celebrates cooperation, partnership, equity, inclusivity, and diversity.
With this mission statement and these values in mind, the Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation will pursue four goals during our 2022 – 2024 Strategic Plan:
GOAL 1: Create a vibrant sense of place and history through an improved visitor experience
GOAL 2: Elevate awareness of the value of Historic Preservation community-wide and promote the Presidio Neighborhood as a model.
GOAL 3: Align organizational resources to most effectively achieve SBTHP’s mission.
GOAL 4: Prioritize care of and enhancements to the properties and historical resources for all types of site users.